Apple Stores - 2013-2014
These are stores that held their grand openings in 2013 and 2014. Read about future stores.
2001-2003 / 2004-2006 / 2007-2008 / 2009-2010 / 2011-2012
Download an Excel spreadsheet of this information, or an Acrobat (pdf) version.
- Trinity Leeds - Leeds (UK) - The city centre of this 440,000 population town is being renovated to add 200,000 s.f. of retail space near The Headrow and Lands Lane, anchored by up-scale tenants. Tipsters originally pointed to a 44-foot wide Apple store next to retailer "JD." A Sept. 2007 leasing brochure showed an Apple store in a rendering at space MSU3 on Lands Lane, and tipsters confirmed the project. However, by Feb. 2010 the project was renamed (from The Core), and the Apple store appeared on the Web site in a different location. In Oct. 2011 the project for adjacent Trinity Square mentioned Apple is a confirmed tenant at the Trinity Leeds development. Job listings for a Leeds location appeared August 20, 2012, indicating an early 2013 opening. On Sept. 10, 2012 the mall management announced the mall grand opening on March 21, 2013, and the Apple store opened the same day. [video shows Apple store] [Apple store in rendering from video] [project brochure, pdf] [rendering]
[Nov. 12 construction]
- Drake Circus Shopping Center - Plymouth, UK - In May tipsters pointed to this mall as a future store site. Apple reportedly bought out about 10 years of Zara's 15-year lease on two levels. The city in the southwest of the country is a port city with about 250,000 residents. The mall has 70 shops in 425,000 s.f. Job listings appeared on August 28, 2012. Grand opening on April 20, 2013. [news story] [mall plan] updated
- Highpoint Shopping Centre - Melbourne (Australia) - In early August 2012 a job listing appeared for "North West Melbourne," but without a specific mall. Tipsters identified the mall operated by The GPT Group with 400 shops in 1.35 million s.f. on four levels. Grand openingi April 27, 2013.
- Quartier DIX30 - Brossard (Canada) - In early 2012 a local business Web site said Apple will open a store along Boulevard Leduc within this Main Street-style mall in the southern part of the city across the St. Lawrence River from Montreal. On Aug. 24, 2012 a job listing appeared for the city. The mall is still being fully leased, but now has 185 shops, a cinema, hotel, spa and other amenities. Grand opening April 27, 2013.
- Kurfürstendamm - Berlin (Germany) - In June 2005 a tipster reported that Apple's real estate team was in town looking at the Kurfürstendamm section of town for a suitable space [scouting trip]. No other activity was noted until Dec. 2009, when a tipster said plans were again in motion for a store somewhere in the city. But only in in Jan. 2011 did a local Web site report that Apple had leased Kurfürstendamm 26 in the western section of the city, a former cinema building that opened in 1913. The building has been renovated several times since then, and now has a modern interior and original exterior. Grand opening on Friday, May 3, 2013 at 5 p.m., a rare Friday evening time slot. [Germany plans] [news story]
[May 2011 construction] [panorama, blue dot is site]
[Aug. 9th photo]
[Sept. 2 update]
[March 2012 video] [barricade sign revealed video] [grand opening announcement video]
[opening line entry video]