Here are the hottest events occurring in 2011 that need to be detailed:
- In February 2013 job listings appeared for a Bonn (Germany) store, but without a location. Where will it be—perhaps Münsterplatz, in the bank space?
- In early Dec. 2012 tipsters pointed to another Manhattan store, and finally a new store in Brooklyn and possibly Queens (NYC). Where, please?
- Brazil – Persistent rumors have been confirmed, at the Village Mall in Rio de Janeiro. Keep me posted!
- Edinburgh (Scotland) -The store will be at 10-15 Princes Street, and construction is underway. What’s it look like today?
- Spain – A store is under construction in Puerta del Sol (Madrid), and final interior store fit-out is underway. What’s it look like?
- Seattle (Wash.) – A downtown store is a necessity. But where?
- Portland (Ore.) – The city’s Design Commission approved a store along Yamhill Street. Construction progress?
- Stockholm (Sweden) – The Täby Centrum store opened in a suburb and Malmö is on the way. But is there a city-center Stockholm store planned?
Here’s a list of scouting information that I need:
- People are talking about another District of Columbia store, somewhere in or around Chinatown? Help!
- China – Apple has pledged to open 25 stores by the end of 2012. In what other cities beyond Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong?
- Manchester (UK) – Is there really a huge Apple store going into the former Heals furniture store? Is it opens, will either of the existing stores close/move?
- Las Vegas (NV) – CityCenter…yes or no? This could be a big store if it ever comes to pass.
- Japan – There hasn’t been a new Japan store since Sapporo in June 2006! Will there be another store this year or next?
- Mexico – Yes or no? Any chance that the rumored Mexico City store is real?
- South America – Beyond Brazil (confirmed), what’s the strategy for this continent? Will stores arrive here before Africa?
- Ottawa (Ont.) – Anything happening along Wellington Street in the Hintonburg neighborhood?
- Oxford (UK) – I know that a store is planned for the central business district, but where?
What did I forget to ask–tell me!